You are ready to take the next step and pop the question but are not quite sure how to plan one of the biggest moments of your life and make your proposal impressive and unforgettable? There are millions of romantic ways to propose but “romantic” may mean something different for different couples. A proposal is a very personal and emotional event and the most important thing is that it should be unique to your relationship. In this article, we have gathered 25 best proposal ideas that are sure to make a big impression. You may adopt one of these creative proposal ideas but don’t forget to add a little personality to create a story that you’ll remember forever.
The Best Proposal Ideas
Here are the best proposal ideas that are sure to make a great impact on your partner. We recommend using the idea that aligns with your personalities.
- Treasure hunt. You can start with a clue from home and scatter lots of clues that will send your unsuspecting fiancé-to-be on a tour of different spots in your neighborhood or even all over the town. When she gets to the last location, she will find you with a ring and one simple question.
- Order a cake with a proposal message. Ask the baker to write a proposal in the icing and leave it on a display in the storefront. Put a ring on the top. Take your partner on a walk past the bakery. Bring the cake home and celebrate.
- Go green. Choose a spectacular place to propose in a park or in a beautiful garden filled with colorful flowers that will serve as a romantic backdrop for your proposal.
- Family dinner. Let your closest people witness the happy moment. Propose a toast to get everybody’s attention and then propose to her.
- Destination proposal. Plan your romantic trip for two and propose when you are on a plane using the loudspeaker system.
Cutest Marriage Proposal Ideas
No one can resist cute things. Here are some cutest marriage proposal ideas.
- Furry friend proposal. Buy a pet she has always wanted – a puppy, a kitten or a bunny, and loosely tie a ring around their collar to surprise her when she starts to pet the animal. You can also attach a tag with the words “Will you marry me?” to the pet’s collar.
- Glow in the dark. Spell out “Will you marry me” with glow-in-the-dark stickers on the ceiling in your bedroom without her noticing. Turn off the light and wait for her gasp of surprise.
Creative Proposal Ideas
If your girl is fond of art, she is sure to appreciate a more creative approach. Here are some creative proposal ideas that you can use even if you are not artistically inclined.
- Make a video. Create a video with your proposal and upload it to YouTube. Tell your girlfriend that you have an amazing home movie to show her. Give her an engagement ring when your video ends.
- Say it with flowers. Arrange flower petals or blooms to express your love and create an enchanting proposal space. You can arrange them in a form of a heart, create a petal “red carpet” entrance or create a backdrop or scene with her favorite flowers in different vases with a lot of candles.
- Sing a song. Don’t worry if you are not the creative sort. You don’t have to be an opera singer to make a great impression. Learn her favorite songs or a poem and surprise your beloved by singing or reciting it with passion. Finish with asking the eternal question.
- Pumpkin carving proposal. Throw a Halloween jack-o'-lantern carving contest for your family and friends. Carve the words “marry me” into your pumpkin. Unveil the pumpkin with your proposal last.
Outdoor Proposal Ideas
If your significant other loves outdoors and adventures as much as you do, you need a proposal that can fit your relationship. Here are some outdoor proposal ideas for adventurous couples. If you prefer to pop the question outdoor style, a good idea is to surprise your girl with one of the stylish camo engagement rings.
- Hot air balloon proposal. It’s one of the best ideas for the outdoorsy couple. You will be able to enjoy the beauty of the nature soaring in the clouds above.
- Beach proposal. You may take her to the beach that has special significance for both of you or choose a beach you haven’t visited before. You can write your proposal on the sand or build a sandcastle and place a ring on the turret. Another interesting beach proposal idea is to write a love poem on a piece of parchment paper, put it in an antique bottle and bury it in a certain spot in the sand. Dig together to “find” the bottle and you should be ready with a ring.
- Propose under the stars. Plan a camping trip with your significant other. Find a gorgeous spot in the nature and take homecooked food and a nice bottle of wine. Pop the question after the sunset under the night sky. Sunsets and sunrises are very romantic and create a fantastic backdrop for your proposal.
- Plan a proposal during your next hiking adventure. Hiking is always a great option and there are lots of secluded places you can hike to: lakes, waterfall, mountain tops.
Winter Proposal Ideas
Winter is a romantic season when a lot of couples get engaged. If your girl is excited about snow, winter can be the perfect time to propose to this special lady. So choose the perfect engagement ring and use any of these winter proposal ideas for inspiration.
- Book a romantic skiing trip and pop the question when you are out on the slopes of the snow-capped mountains surrounded by gorgeous scenery. Celebrate your engagement with fancy dinner and drinks with friends.
winter getaway proposal.
If you live in a place where it doesn’t get snowy in winter, you can go to
Scandinavia or any other place near the
Arctic Circle and propose to your partner in the most magical setting – the Northern Lights.
- Winter picnic. If you are not afraid of cold weather, winter picnic with mulled wine, festive food, and candles in front of an open fire sounds perfect.
Christmas Proposal Ideas
Christmas is a magical time of the year and a Christmas proposal can be very romantic. With all the family commitments and carol concerts, the Christmas period is the best time to propose and the possibilities to do it are endless. You can make your proposal even more special if you present her with the gorgeous Venus Tension Set Meteorite Engagement Ring with a real piece of the Gibeon meteorite that fell from the outer space. Take a look at some festive ways to ask a partner for their hand.
- Under the Christmas tree. You can pop up the question while putting up and decorating the Christmas tree. You can hide a stunning engagement ring inside a Christmas bauble and hand it your girl to place it as the final decoration.
- Do it on Christmas morning. Present your partner with a luxury breakfast in bed and then get down on your knee and propose. If you have pets, you may include them in your proposal. For example, you can put a ring around your dog’s or cat’s neck and send them to wake your significant other. Don’t forget to attach to your pet some festive accessories like a little Santa hat.
- A series of gifts. Everybody loves presents. Buy your beloved some small thoughtful Christmas gifts that reflect your relationship and end the unwrapping with a beautiful ring as your last present. Remember to attach a note with those magic words “will you marry me?”
- Write your love message in lights. Use beautiful fairy lights to spell “will you marry me?” in the snow or in your home and switch them on when it gets dark on the Christmas evening.
Unique Ways to Propose
These unique ways to propose are guaranteed to get a yes. If you are looking for a unique way to propose, you may want to check out our collection of unique engagement rings that look stunning and will last forever.
- Romantic helicopter ride. Write your questions using rocks or some other materials that can be seen from above and rent a helicopter to fly over that area. If you are planning an evening flight, you can write your questions with candles.
- Recreate a favorite book or movie scene. If your beloved really likes a movie or a book, you can surprise them with your unique proposal around that theme or even completely recreate a scene from your girlfriend’s book or movie.
- A webpage proposal. Create a beautiful interactive website where you declare your love and intentions. Then leave your significant other a note with a web address but don’t tell her anything. When she has accepted your proposal, she can send a link to the web page to her family and friends.
Use these romantic ways to propose as an inspiration for planning your own perfect and memorable marriage proposal!